Type: Full Time
- 5 years Enterprise Level experience with VMWare Engineering Support.
- Secret clearance
- Security + Certification
- VMWare Certified Advanced Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCAP6-DCV)
- Provide systems engineering support and planning, building, installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining three disparate virtual infrastructure environments; storage, server and network with technologies including VMware ESX/vSphere/vCenter, RHEL, Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix Prism/Acropolis, IBM Blade Server and Windows Servers.
- Ensure all required are configured for and are being backed up using the USMEPCOM approved backup solution(s). Installation and configuration of backup application and/or agent may be required.
- Provide adaptive, emergency, corrective, perfective and preventive maintenance to ensure system standards and operability are maintained. This is sustainment support for the VMware environment to be setup by VMware.
- Provide Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), architectural design, maintenance and support IAW DISA, OSD, and Army and USMEPCOM guidelines.
- Ensure adherence to change management procedures. Perform patch and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) compliance within USMEPCOM requirements. Maintain host servers and virtual machines to sustain operational status within requirements. Ensure system hardware, operating systems and software are compliant to organizational standards.
- Ensure adherence change management procedures.
- Ticket response required.