Type: Full Time
High level roles and responsibilities include:
- Work on network issues reported by various teams and tools; respond to email and tickets with findings and work to resolve problems
- Monitor and troubleshoot WAN devices; Cisco 7k, 5k, 4k series switches; use remote monitoring tools and protocol analyzers to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve network problems.
- Work on other devices as needed (InfoBlox)
- Perform advanced, complex network analysis, identify problems and offer design solutions
- Recommend enhancements to network that will improve the quality, performance, security and reliability of the network
- Creates and maintains documentation of networks and network systems.
- Provides technical network expertise to others as necessary, including instructing field personnel in basic network troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Configures new network equipment and connections.
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal direction and oversight
- Handle day-to-day network related tickets
Applicants Should Possess
- Degree in Computer/Information Science, technical college or equivalent work experience
- 4-6+ years progressive experience in networking
- CCNP desired
- Demonstrated CCNP level network technology and support experience
- Demonstrated understanding of network technologies and protocols
- Experience implementing and maintaining network technologies in a mixed vendor environment
- Strong ability and focus on network troubleshooting and resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in partnership with others
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to multi task and work in a fast-paced environment