Location: Onsite – USA
Type: Full Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently deliver readable, maintainable and efficient code.
- Troubleshoot programming problems independently and in peer groups.
- Participate actively in Scrums, sprint planning meetings, and sprint retrospectives.
- Rapidly mockup a proof-of-concept implementation of an idea and present to internal stakeholders.
- Writing application test scripts and automating test executions.
- Staying informed of new tools, libraries, and best practices and sharing ideas with the team for continuous improvement of the tool-chain and development process.
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science and 5+ years of programming experience; or, 8+ years of programming experience.
- A strong foundation in writing SQL scripts and modeling databases. Experience should come from more than one flavor of SQL.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of REST APIs and the HTTP protocol.
- Experience committing and merging code using GIT commands.
- Proficiency with any of two other programming languages.
- Proficiency with using the command-line on Linux systems.
- A basic understanding of the difference between RDBMS and the different variants of NoSQL databases that exist.
- Experience developing with virtual machines using Vagrant and VirtualBox
- Some experience with XML technologies such as XSLT, XPath, and XQuery
- Some experience with shell scripting on Linux systems
- Familiarity with writing Regular Expressions