Location: Onsite – USA
Type: Full Time
Seeks a full stack developer to help build out our web-based analytics and operations platform to manage a fleet of distributed energy storage units. As a full stack developer you will have the opportunity to build new applications from scratch, and influence system design. You will work closely with Product Management and other developers on the team to design, develop and iterate our platform to prepare for broad deployment.The right individual will be nimble and responsive to our evolving and exciting environment. You will have the opportunity to help shape the evolution of our company.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- S. in Computer Science or related discipline, plus multiple years of work experience in professional software development.
- Extensive knowledge and implementation experience with Python. Experience with algorithms and python-based optimization tools and solvers is a plus.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud-based development.
- Knowledge or experience with time-series data and data storage. Experience with PostgreSQL and MongoDB is a plus.
- Knowledge or experience with Flask, RabbitMQ, Celery, or other web application technologies.
- Knowledge or experience with HTML5, HighCharts, or other similar front-end components.
- Experience with system integration, interest in “getting hands dirty,” and/or working with distributed computing systems in the field is a plus.
- Eagerness to learn about electricity industry.
- Flexible, self-motivated, high-functioning team player.
- Ability to work closely in small teams and collaborate effectively.
- Good programming practices, strive to write great code that is reusable, flexible, and reliable. Experience with test-driven development is a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly, fill knowledge gaps, and innovate.