Type: Full Time
- The VoIP Engineer is responsible for supporting network-based activities, including design, configuration, implementation, and installation of ShoreTel systems by performing the following duties.
- Configures and installs new unified communications (UC) systems, including telephony, instant messaging, and video conferencing.
- Performs system upgrades or migrations on current ShoreTel systems.
- Provides level 2/3 support and liaises with vendors and other IT teams on problem resolution.
- Performs wiring work such as analog punch downs.
- Travels nation-wide up to 60% of the time.
- Sets up Windows servers per ShoreTel’s best practices (2008/2012/2016).
- Organizes and prioritizes many different tasks, assesses the situation, and acts on them quickly.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings.
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with customers and coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Respectfully takes direction from leads and managers.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Cross-domain experience in the following IT areas: servers, desktop, networking and telecom is required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Has advanced computer job skills including logging on to systems, ability to communicate by email, ability to compose documents, enter database information, create presentations, download forms, and preserve/backup important data.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Windows computer hardware and software, Microsoft Office products Windows Server environment, ISP routing, route tuning, MPLS and Voice/Network technologies. High understanding of VoIP, SIP, and RTP and understanding of DHCP and DHCP options are strongly preferred.