Type: Full Time
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
- Reporting to the Manager of IT Infrastructure and Operations, this position has primary responsibility for the engineering, maintenance and support of Cisco Unified Communications (Cisco Call Manager / Cisco Unified Communications Manager –CUCM, Cisco Unity, UCCX) solutions.
- The position will also have primary responsibility for the cloud iWAN, Cisco firewalls, routers and switches, Finesse, VPN and the InContact call recording system as well as technical oversight of third party Internet and iWAN service providers.
- The position will also act as backup to the Network Engineer for LAN infrastructures and operations and Systems Administration including: data center hardware, storage and data protection solutions, Exchange and O365, Microsoft and VMware platform support.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintains primary responsibility and technical oversight for the engineering, configuration, implementation, maintenance and support of LAN/WAN, UC, Telephony, VoIP and operations.
- Works closely with call centers and third-party monitoring and managed services providers to implement contact center routing and scripting changes and optimizations.
- Implements on and off boarding procedures for phone, call recording and other routine call center voice and phone solutions.
- Maintains Cisco licensing levels to ensure licensing compliance and continuing operations.
- Engineering – LAN / Systems Administration
- Works in partnership with the Network Engineer to design, maintain and support LAN infrastructures and operations including:
- Microsoft AD, Group Policy, Domain Controllers, Direct Access, ADFS, File and Print Servers, DFS, Certificate Authority, DHCP, DNS and RDS, PowerShell Systems Administration – 10%
- Act as secondary LAN administrator for file and print servers, email and messaging systems, business systems and other cloud and hosted LAN solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 7-10 years of progressive engineering experience with technical infrastructure and operations including LAN, WAN and Systems Administration in an enterprise environment.
- Minimum of 3 years’ engineering responsibility for Internet, WAN, VoIP, Telephony and Cisco technical infrastructure and operations in an enterprise environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business is required.
- Cisco Security and other Certifications highly desired.
- An approachable, helpful demeanor with a willingness to invest in building the technical knowledge of the team.
- Strong desire to keep technical skills current and remain abreast of emerging technologies, new versions of existing solutions, replacement solutions.
- Openness to “cloud” and “hosted” solutions.
- Ability to partner with third party service providers and members of the technical, web and operational systems IT teams.
- Must demonstrate a solid service orientation inside and outside the IT Department and the organization.
- Willingness to take ownership of the Cisco, Telephony / VoIP, iWAN solutions of the NSC.